I call this my cheat’s garlic bread because I have simply used a fresh ciabatta. I pick up a fresh loaf from a local bakery but you can also pick up a packet from the supermarket. Nothing beats home made bread but I think we have to be realistic sometimes. Making your own bread can be time consuming. This quick and easy way of making your own garlic bread will take a fraction of the time and stop you from being persuaded to just pick up a soggy, artificial garlic bread.
- Juice of half a lemon
- olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5 / 190 C.
- 2Slit the bread diagonally. Then tuck the pieces of crushed garlic into each fold.
- 3Stuff each fold with fresh herbs and a little drizze of olive oil.
- 4Drizzle more olive oil on top of the bread and a light squeeze of lemon juice.
- 5Garnish with more fresh herbs on top and some black pepper.
- 6Place in the oven for around 20 minutes and serve warm.