One of my favourites is this recipe and it is perfect as a side dish or as a main served with some grilled salmon, chicken or prawns. The avocado makes the pesto so creamy and the cashews add a little bit of a crunchy texture to it.
- courgette x 2
- 1 avocado
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint and fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- Dash of olive oil
- 50g cashews
- Salt and Pepper
- 1Spiralize the courgetti.
- 2Add the avocado, fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice and cashews to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Heat a large frying pan and add the pesto and the rest of the cashews. After about 1 minute add the courgetti and mix everything together. Cook for around 1 minute and then take the pan off the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 4I like to serve mine with some salmon or prawns.