I am big fan of the classic quiche lorraine. Another favourite of mine is salmon and watercress. And of course during asparagus season you just can’t beat an asparagus and goats cheese quiche! I love this mexican style version with a little heat from the cayenne pepper and jalapenos. It has a real fresh taste to it. You can eat it warm or cold.
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 70ml single cream
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 2 tbpsn jalapenos
- 1 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1 red chilli
- Small bunch of coriander
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 180 C.
- 2Grease a quiche tin with butter and line with the pastry
- 3Lay the courgette slices on the base of the quiche. Scatter the red pepper and tomatoes on top and then add the jalapenos and chillies.
- 4In a small jug beat the eggs. Add the cream and then mix in the cayenne pepper. Pour the mixture into the quiche tin and cover all the ingredients.
- 5Season with some fresh coriander and black pepper on top and then lightly scatter the grated cheese on top.
- 6Place in the oven for around 35 minutes. Leave to cool for around 30 minutes to eat warm or then place in the fridge to cool completely.