I love a pork chop – mainly because it is one of the only cuts of meat that you can get plenty of in and good quality in Germany! They are cheap, quick to cook and go well with plenty of vegetables. I griddle the pork chops but you can easily fry then. I also top them with some roasted apples and walnuts to give them that sweet kick. Add a little dollop of chutney on the side and you have yourself a quick supper!
- 2 pork chops
- 2 apples
- Handful of walnuts
- Juice of half a lemon and the other half.
- 1 small red onion
- Small bunch parsley
- 2 leeks
- 1Heat a large griddle pan/ frying pan and put the meat out to rest.
- 2Add the apples, leeks, onions and walnuts to an oven dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and scatter half of the fresh parsley on top. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 C.
- 3Rub a bit of lemon into the pork chops. Add them to the pan and cook on each side for around 5 minutes.
- 4Take the dish out of the oven. Plate up the chops and add the apples and walnuts on the side. Scatter with a bit of fresh parsley and black pepper and serve with some chutney on the side.