I like to call this recipe my posh sausages and beans dish. The white beans are cooked in a spicy red pepper sauce that give a different twist to the standard baked beans most of us love and enjoy! The cumin, paprika and coriander give this recipe a smoky, Mexican flavour.
- 4 good quality sausages
- 1 x 400g tin white beans
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tbspn tomato puree
- 1 tspn cumin
- 1 tspn paprika
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red chillies
- 1Heat 1 tbpsn olive oil in a large/ deep pan. Add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt and cook on a low heat. Add the red peppers and gently cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 2Add the cumin, paprika, black pepper and tomato puree. Add the lime juice and mix well.
- 3Add the white beans to the pan and pour in the chicken stock. Put the lid on the pan and cook on a medium heat for around 15 minutes.
- 4In the meantime heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot add the sausages and cook on each side for 5-6 minutes.
- 5Plate up the white beans and put the sausages on top. Garnish with some fresh coriander.